My blog posts are usually pretty spare during the summer. Partially because summer is our busy season here at the Center for School Renewal, and partially because I believe in enjoying every moment of the 15 minutes of summer we get up north. Today marks the end of my summer hiatus, however because today was the third EdCamp New Hampshire (formerly at camp keen). Officially my role Is Bringer of Coffee, but always find that my experience is more about what I take and what I bring. (Caffeinated beverages notwithstanding) I’m always surprised by what I learn. Sure, I may have attended a session on Pinterest, but the most interesting things I learned today were the side comments by facilitators about this interesting app, or this really complicated problem that they saw that in this way. I think it’s these marginal moments of conversation that make EdCamp really useful. In the marginal moments are gems of wisdom. Tiny little seeds which may bloom into the answers to questions I never even knew I had. So, while my summer may have been filled up with Institutes, emails, planning, and reflecting, it’s days like today that reminded me that learning is what it’s all about. My learning, kids learning, teacher learning- it’s all on that same experiential cycle right? It’s all about the learning. I can’t wait to see what I learned this year.
- Gain experience in innovative teaching practices under mentorship of highly trained educators at a paid internship!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…posted 9 hours ago
- There's still time to register for Critical Skills Summer 2017 smore.com/dqwgv-critical… #PBLposted 11 hours ago
- "Leading Transformations in Education" examines structure & organization of learner-centered education. July 17-22 ow.ly/s8ty30atzFzposted 1 day ago
- RT @RusulAlrubail: I'm one of the Canadians looking after a Syrian refugee family. This is our story. by @mskermalli on @Independent https…posted 1 day ago
- "We need boundaries, not martyrdom." twitter.com/shevtech/statu…posted 1 day ago
Charlie on Why Critical Skills? Why you?… Nemoj da „dramiš“ il… on Brains, man… antiochcriticalskill… on The Work in the Work Alex on The Work in the Work thepinkpopcorn on The #MakeTheMostOfIt Challenge…
- 17,675 hits