Gene Thompson Grove asked us, “What brings us to Cambridge in the middle of the winter?” I find myself asking the same question,, actually. I guess it is, as one of the speakers said, to enjoy the birthday party. This initial event of the School Reform Initiative seems like a good time to come back to this work. There’s a lot going on in the world right now- both in the educational and political landscapes- and I think this is a good group of folks to stand with as we engage in the work of making things better for teachers, students and families everywhere. As another speaker has said, “I have questions about my work, my students…and I know that some of the smartest people in the field are in this room. There are intelligent minds and strong shoulders here.” That leads me into my own wondering- what is my real question for my time here? I have to say, I’m really not quite sure. I *am* certain though that my question will become apparent. Soon.
- @flyfish29 Yup, everyone should have a therapist, like having a doc or a dentist, & mental health care needs to be affordable for allposted 1 hour ago
- RT @dormanmath: All right, “color-blind” colleagues, we need to have a talk nonprofitwithballs.com/2017/04/all-ri…posted 13 hours ago
- Register now for "The Developing Mind"! A course focused on exploring child & adult development & human learning… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…posted 22 hours ago
- RT @JonMHamm: Spent the day helping out on my son's Kindergarten field trip. Teachers should make a minimum of $6 million per year.posted 1 day ago
- Sometimes you go to the bookstore to pick up some used books to flesh out the early readers… instagram.com/p/BTaNj6-BrOG/posted 2 days ago
Charlie on Why Critical Skills? Why you?… Nemoj da „dramiš“ il… on Brains, man… antiochcriticalskill… on The Work in the Work Alex on The Work in the Work thepinkpopcorn on The #MakeTheMostOfIt Challenge…
- 17,478 hits