Gene Thompson Grove asked us, “What brings us to Cambridge in the middle of the winter?” I find myself asking the same question,, actually. I guess it is, as one of the speakers said, to enjoy the birthday party. This initial event of the School Reform Initiative seems like a good time to come back to this work. There’s a lot going on in the world right now- both in the educational and political landscapes- and I think this is a good group of folks to stand with as we engage in the work of making things better for teachers, students and families everywhere. As another speaker has said, “I have questions about my work, my students…and I know that some of the smartest people in the field are in this room. There are intelligent minds and strong shoulders here.” That leads me into my own wondering- what is my real question for my time here? I have to say, I’m really not quite sure. I *am* certain though that my question will become apparent. Soon.
- RT @nhannahjones: I was invited to give an MLK speech today and a small number of members of the group hosting me wrote and then leaked ema…posted 2 days ago
- RT @MsPhanLearns: If you work at a tech company in the Bay Area and are receiving a surplus of rapid tests from your workplace, please cons…posted 4 days ago
- @A_single_bear You should be asleep, bear. It’s cold and dark and your den is cozy. Hibernation is a good thing. https://t.co/A5aS7PhwXGposted 4 days ago
- RT @acweyand: Every single pediatrician I know was first in line to immunize their children against #COVID19 That should tell you somethin…posted 4 days ago
- RT @rweingarten: Science is amazing. The mRNA vaccines were years in the making. nytimes.com/2022/01/15/hea…posted 4 days ago
Charlie on Why Critical Skills? Why you?… Nemoj da „dramiš“ il… on Brains, man… antiochcriticalskill… on The Work in the Work Alex on The Work in the Work thepinkpopcorn on The #MakeTheMostOfIt Challenge…
- 21,413 hits