Gene Thompson Grove asked us, “What brings us to Cambridge in the middle of the winter?” I find myself asking the same question,, actually. I guess it is, as one of the speakers said, to enjoy the birthday party. This initial event of the School Reform Initiative seems like a good time to come back to this work. There’s a lot going on in the world right now- both in the educational and political landscapes- and I think this is a good group of folks to stand with as we engage in the work of making things better for teachers, students and families everywhere. As another speaker has said, “I have questions about my work, my students…and I know that some of the smartest people in the field are in this room. There are intelligent minds and strong shoulders here.” That leads me into my own wondering- what is my real question for my time here? I have to say, I’m really not quite sure. I *am* certain though that my question will become apparent. Soon.
- RT @vtedreads: Editing our latest episode with @AlexSVenet, coming to you this Friday (2 days!), and at one point Alex says, "You can't sel…posted 23 hours ago
- RT @ShanaVWhite: Good morning. White teachers, I encourage you in your efforts to show concern about recent events, please do not harm or…posted 1 day ago
- RT @Lyricalswordz: A kind plea to my white friends: temper your celebration. Let our Black brothers and sisters exhale. Our work is with ea…posted 1 day ago
- RT @elanaleoni: Things need to CHANGE. #EdLeaders, how are you supporting your educators? 🤔posted 1 day ago
- RT @MHarrisPerry: Thank you to every single organizer, protester, activist and good troublemaker who took to the streets this summer to rem…posted 1 day ago
Charlie on Why Critical Skills? Why you?… Nemoj da „dramiš“ il… on Brains, man… antiochcriticalskill… on The Work in the Work Alex on The Work in the Work thepinkpopcorn on The #MakeTheMostOfIt Challenge…
- 20,937 hits